Best Buddies in South Carolina is dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement to create opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). We’re growing and looking for volunteers who can help us spread our programs across the state. We currently have 12 schools of Friendship chapters and 1 adult Friendship chapter – let’s open more!
The first virtual volunteer interest meeting was held in February where students, teachers, and members of the community joined to learn more about how they could support the organization in expanding our programs to individuals throughout South Carolina.
Are you looking to get involved?
Here are some ways you can support Best Buddies in South Carolina:
- Donate to Best Buddies in South Carolina bestbuddies.org/southcarolina/donateYou can choose to make a one-time donation or join The Bridge to become a monthly giver. All donations will go back to programming in the state.
- Register to participate in the Virtual Friendship Walk bestbuddiesfriendshipwalk.org/global
- Follow us on social media and help us spread the word! @BestBuddiesSC
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser! bestbuddies.org/facebookfundraisersNot only do your efforts directly support the enrichment of our local programs, they also spread much-needed awareness for our organization to thrive in your community and around the world.
- Reach out to SouthCarolina@bestbuddies.org to learn how you can be on an event committee or open a friendship chapter near you.
We are so excited for our programs to thrive in South Carolina thanks to our incredible volunteers. Don’t hesitate to reach out today so you can help us grow the mission of inclusion!