Message from our State Director
Welcome to Best Buddies in Wisconsin 2020!
As we move into a new decade I would like to take a moment to thank each of our volunteers, participants and donors for your belief and continued support of our mission of inclusion. Changing the world is hard work, but individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities deserve every opportunity to showcase their ability to be amazing friends, hardworking coworkers, and outstanding leaders throughout the community. And, wow, did they prove that this past year! Here are just a few highlights from Best Buddies throughout Wisconsin:
- 39,820 people impacted
- 74 School Friendship chapters across the state
- 100+ participants in Citizens- adult friendship program
- 3 Corporate Citizens Chapters
- 53 Trained Ambassador participants
- Programs represented in 41 Cities and 15 Counties
- Launch of the Best Buddies Jobs program in Wisconsin
- 1st Jobs Placement made in November 2019 at Milwaukee Brewers
- Inaugural year of Champion of the Year with over 300 guests surpassing our goal by over $30,000
- Friendship Walk attendance record set at over 1200 participants, as well as record breaking attendance at state events like our All Chapter Dance, Brewers Tailgate and Leadership Conference
2020 brings us plans to open more school chapters, create more jobs and match more friends.
Project: Inclusion was a success in February and we look forward to our All Chapter Dance in March. Spring brings us the Brewers Tailgate, Friendship Walk and our annual Golf Outing.
Leadership Conference at Indiana University will be just around the corner in July where we have student leaders, ambassadors and volunteers from our school chapters and community come together for another weekend of peer to peer interaction, learning, growth and development and FUN!
We continue to lead Ambassador Trainings throughout the year including a media training this spring!
We are looking forward to a successful 2020 with our new friends, new schools and new events while continuing our amazing relationships with our community!