Best Buddies Leadership Conference Consent Agreement
To attend Best Buddies, all attendees must agree to the terms set forth in the Attendee Code of Conduct, COVID-19 Release, Medical Release, Acknowledgement, and General Release as laid out below.
Attendee Code of Conduct
As a Best Buddies Leadership Conference attendee:
- I will be respectful, truthful, and inclusive in my interactions with others.
- I will recognize and celebrate the diversity of character and abilities of all people.
- I will conduct myself ethically, obey all laws, and act in good faith at all times.
- I will abide by the rules, directives, and guidelines set forth by Best Buddies International.
- I will respect the decisions and requests made by Best Buddies staff members and chapter leadership.
- I will NOT harass, threaten, embarrass, or insult others.
- I will NOT say or do anything that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, or objectionable.
- I will NOT make inappropriate or unwanted physical, verbal, or sexual advances.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
On July 27, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released updated guidance on the need for urgently increasing COVID-19 vaccination coverage and a recommendation for everyone in areas of substantial or high transmission to wear a mask in public indoor places, even if they are fully vaccinated.
Should you choose to participate in in-person activities, Best Buddies cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, contact between individuals could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in in-person activities and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Best Buddies employees, volunteers, and members and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my participation in Best Buddies program events. The decision to re-engage in in-person meetings is my decision, not the decision of Best Buddies.
I, the undersigned, hereby authorize Best Buddies International, Inc., a District of Columbia Corporation, and its agents or assigns (“Best Buddies”) to secure any medical care that should become necessary during the Best Buddies International Leadership Conference.
I understand that Best Buddies will only seek any such necessary medical care on the participant’s behalf from duly licensed medical practitioners and hereby agree that Best Buddies shall be indemnified and held harmless from any injuries, harm, damages, or expenses resulting from such action.
I accept responsibility for any necessary expense incurred in the medical treatment of the participant that is not covered by participant’s medical insurance.
The Best Buddies International Leadership Conference brings together leaders with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities from Best Buddies’ programs worldwide, providing personalized trainings that develop the skills needed to organize a Best Buddies chapter. Since 1990, Leadership Conference has inspired thousands of leaders to be Best Buddies ambassadors and to bring about social change in their communities.
As an attendee of Best Buddies Leadership Conference:
- I understand that the use of alcohol and illegal drugs is strictly prohibited during the Best Buddies Leadership Conference. I agree to refrain from drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs.
- I agree not to leave the Indiana University campus unless accompanied by Best Buddies staff.
- I understand that I may be photographed and/or filmed at the Best Buddies Leadership Conference, and I agree that any photograph or video may be used at the discretion of Best Buddies for publicity purposes.
- I agree to follow the Member Code of Conduct when participating in Best Buddies and at all Best Buddies activities and events.
- I give permission to be photographed and/or filmed at any Best Buddies activity, and I understand that any photograph or videotape may be used at the discretion of Best Buddies for publicity purposes (members may opt out).
- Prior to the commencement of my participation, I will furnish Best Buddies with any medical information that may be necessary in treating me in the case of an emergency.
- I consent to Best Buddies’ use and disclosure of such medical information to medical professionals that may need the information in order to treat me in the case of an emergency.
- I understand that I must have a valid auto insurance policy if operating a motor vehicle in relation to a Best Buddies activity.
- I acknowledge that I have completed this registration form to the best of my knowledge and that all information I have provided is true, and I understand that any false or misleading information given by me in connection with my attendance at Best Buddies Leadership Conference may result in termination of my membership.
- I understand that Best Buddies International reserves the right to deny entrance to the Best Buddies Leadership Conference to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Best Buddies also reserves the right to revoke membership from our programs for any reason, at any time.
- I understand that, in cases where appropriate and necessary, Best Buddies International may require a background check prior to attending the Best Buddies Leadership Conference.
Please accept my entry into the Annual Best Buddies Leadership Conference (hereinafter, ‘Event’). I assume all responsibility for injuries and damages to me and my property that may result as an active participant in this Event.
As a condition of my entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, release, exempt and discharge and agree not to commence any lawsuit against Best Buddies International, Inc., Event subcontractors, Event sponsors, Event staff, Event volunteers, Event committee members, and cities/towns/municipalities through which the Event passes and properties on which Event festivities will take place from all claims, damages and courses of action, present or future, whether they result from, arise out of or are incident to my participation in the Event.
Last updated: 4/26/2022