Attending Best Buddies Leadership Conference (BBLC) is a critical step in running a successful chapter. The BBLC Fundraising Hub provides attendees with tools to raise money to cover BBLC registration fees and travel costs. You can set up a personal fundraising page to collect donations, and you can easily customize and send e-mails to your contacts through your fundraising HQ.
Funds raised through the BBLC fundraising site can be used to cover:
- Conference registration fees
- Travel costs
Once you have reached your fundraising goal, let your Best Buddies staff contact know. If you are raising funds to cover travel costs, your Best Buddies staff contact will help you book travel to BBLC.
Tips for BBLC Online Fundraising
- If you’ve attended BBLC in the past, write about your amazing experience on your homepage.
- Have a parent send your homepage link to their co-workers, friends, and family.
- People are more likely to respond to personal messages—for certain people you may want to personalize your e-mail and send it to them directly instead of in a mass e-mail (grandparents, etc.). Also personalize the homepage and send e-mails with your own story and/or pictures of you and your buddy.
- Share the link to your fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- You may even want to call some of your family members and walk them through your site on the phone to show them how to make a donation.
Creating your Fundraising Webpage
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to get started raising funds using the BBLC Fundraising Hub.
Step 1: Sign up for a fundraising page
To register for your BBLC fundraising page:
- Go to the BBLC Fundraising Hub
- Click on the “Create a Fundraising Page” button
- Complete the Create Your Fundraising Webpage form. Please be sure to include your chapter name (or conference track, if attending the Ambassadors or Jobs track) and your Best Buddies Office Location.
- Create your account username and password. Save these user credentials, as you will need these in order to access and manage your fundraising account and webpage.
- Click SUBMIT to complete registration.
Step 2: Set Up Your Fundraising HQ
The My Event Headquarters (HQ) page can be used to send e-mails to supporters, check on donations, and monitor fundraising progress.
Update the content on your “Personal Page” tab.
Set your cover photo, fundraising goal, and page text. This is the page donors will see when they receive an e-mail asking for a donation, so give it a personal touch by adding a picture and information about you and your reasons for attending Best Buddies Leadership Conference.
Step 3: Send e-mails to family and friends
In the “Communications” tab you can send e-mails to your family and friends directly from your Event HQ.
Feel free to edit the text of the e-mail template to make it more personal. The e-mail message will automatically include a direct link back to your personal page so people can make a donation.
Step 4: Review Donations
Review the donations you have received on the “Overview” tab. Remember to thank everyone who has donated!