Financial Assistance Rules & Regulations
The deadline to apply for Financial Assistance is May 31st.
By submitting a financial assistance application, applicants agree to the terms and conditions detailed below and have been verified to apply by their Best Buddies staff contact.
Financial Assistance Award Details
- Financial assistance is available for transportation (air, bus, or train) costs to the 2023 Best Buddies Leadership Conference.
- Best Buddies International and/or Best Buddies state staff will book travel for recipients.
- Best Buddies International selects recipients based on the following factors:
- The number of applicants that meet the financial assistance qualifications;
- The funds and resources available for financial assistance;
- The relative needs of applicants, as determined by Best Buddies International’s sole discretion.
Financial Assistance Qualifications
- Recipient must be a selected chapter leader and/or advisor for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year, or a member of another Best Buddies International program including, but not limited to, Ambassadors, Jobs, Living, or Transitions.
- Recipient should be actively working to raise funds to cover the $350 BBLC registration fee (for domestic chapters only).
- Recipient cannot afford the cost of travel to the 2023 Best Buddies Leadership Conference.
- Recipient has submitted a complete financial assistance application no later than May 31, 2023.
- Recipient has joined the Best Buddies Leadership Conference online fundraising thon and is using this tool to assist in raising funds to attend the conference.
- Recipient has been deemed qualified to receive financial assistance by a Best Buddies staff person.
Recipient Rights and Obligations
- Recipient agrees to attend the Best Buddies International Leadership Conference from July 21-24, 2023.
- Best Buddies International will notify recipient no later than June 9, 2023 on the status of their application.
Best Buddies International Rights and Obligations
- Best Buddies International agrees to cover the amount of the transportation (airfare, bus fare, or train ticket) cost the recipient is unable to secure through their own resources, chapter resources, or the state fundraising site, but will not cover any other related costs for Leadership Conference.
- Best Buddies International will not reimburse monies associated with traveling to Leadership Conference purchased by the recipient or recipient’s family (clothing, equipment food on travel days, parking, etc.).
- Best Buddies International will not transfer financial assistance for selected recipient to another participant or allow use for future years of travel to Leadership Conference.