Congratulations – you have been matched in an e-Buddies friendship!
You are joining thousands of individuals helping create a more inclusive world. Please review the information below before getting started with your new friendship.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Liz Wolford.
- Contact your e-Buddy, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com from the e-mail address you used on your application
- If you change your e-mail address, or would prefer to e-mail your e-Buddy from a different account, update your e-mail address here: www.ebuddies.org/changemail.php.
- Please note that we can only have one e-mail address on file at a time (therefore you must choose one e-mail address to use for e-Buddies)
- You can also send a message to your e-Buddy through the e-Buddies Community’s E-mail Center.
- The first e-mail should be relatively brief. Share some information about yourself and ask a couple of questions about your e-Buddy.
- Start with the interests that you share (listed in your match notification e-mail)
- General topic ideas include: favorite holidays, seasons, sports, movies, TV shows, music, family, pets, hobbies, vacations, and food.
- Follow the flow of the conversation as your friendship continues to grow and develop
- Communicate only through our e-mail system (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Do not contact one another through phone, text or social media
- Follow the Code of Conduct
- Do not send attachments
- DO NOT share your phone number, mailing address or personal e-mail address with your e-Buddy.
- Exchange e-mails a minimum of once per week
- Try to send an e-mail each week even if your e-Buddy has not yet responded
- Treat your e-Buddy with respect.
- Do not use bad language or curse words.
- Be responsive. Your e-Buddy has taken the time to e-mail you. Do not respond with just a couple words.
- Respect your e-Buddy’s time. They may not be able to e-mail you every day. Do not continue to send them a lot of e-mails in one day if they do not respond right away.
- You do not have to answer a question that makes you feel uncomfortable. Tell your e-Buddy if you are not comfortable talking about a certain topic.
- We ask that you and your e-Buddy exchange e-mails once per week
- Automated e-mail reminder notices will be sent when a participant has not e-mailed for 15 and 22 days.
- After three weeks with no e-mail, e-Buddies staff will begin further investigating the issue
- If you are unable to e-mail for an extended period of time (more than two weeks) we ask that you suspend your match. You can either do this by logging into the e-Buddies Community or by notifying e-Buddies staff at email@example.com. Suspending your match means that you will remain matched with your e-Buddy but neither of you will receive reminder notices during the suspension period.