e-Buddies harnesses the tremendous power of friendship by connecting people with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) through a virtual space. At Best Buddies, we believe that by empowering our participants through friendship, we enable educational conversations, understanding amongst peers, celebrate diversity and help our participants become leaders in their communities.
Our goal is always to make sure that we are providing a great experience to everyone involved in our program (whether matched or not). The past 18 months have taught us a great deal; we have heard the recommendations of our participants and recognize the increased interest in making more virtual connections. As a result, e-Buddies is evolving!
We are taking our e-Buddies program and enhancing it with additional connection opportunities and working to create a more engaging community for all our participants.
What is remaining the same?
- One-to-one matches
- Being matched with someone who shares interests, is of a similar age and lives in a different geographic area
- Developing a friendship with someone through a virtual space
What are the new opportunities?
- Participation in a larger e-Buddies Community
- Opportunity to attend virtual events
- Connect with other e-Buddies members through our e-Buddies Community Platform
- More virtual options available to connect with your e-Buddy
- Personal freedom to make decisions that work for both of you as to best ways to communicate.
- Exchange e-mails, connect on social media, direct messaging, video chats, etc.
What does this mean if you are currently matched with an e-Buddy?
- We will keep our current e-mail system (email@example.com) active until December of 2021. Participants can continue to e-mail through that system until that time if they decide to do so.
- Participants can now e-mail their e-Buddies directly to their personal e-mail address.
What does this mean if you are waiting to be matched with an e-Buddy?
- We will match you with an e-Buddy as soon as we are able to
- While you are waiting to be matched you will be invited to attend all our virtual events
What happens next?
- Please complete the opt-in survey e-mailed to you
- Participants will continue to e-mail through our current system while we collect all surveys.
- All approved members (matched and unmatched) will begin receiving invitations to join our virtual events and becoming more engaged in the e-Buddies community.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.