Young Leaders Council
The Young Leaders Council (YLC) is a diverse group of young leaders of all abilities who bridge the gap between the student perspective and staff experience for Best Buddies International initiatives. Comprised of 15 members from around the United States, individuals conceptualize, design, and execute unique initiatives that apply to all aspects of the Best Buddies ecosystem: Friendship, Jobs & Leadership. Through targeted outreach, material development, and collaboration, the council garners and synthesizes feedback to present and develop student-driven ideas and see them through to reality. The YLC is dedicated to the education, engagement, and empowerment of student leaders in Best Buddies through peer-to-peer support and innovation. For more information on the YLC or to find out ways you can get involved, send us an e-mail: email@example.com.
EXPECTATIONS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Annual in-person meeting at Leadership Conference
- Responsibility for the goals and initiatives set forth by committees
- Personal leadership development
- Members serve a 2 year term
- Chapter leader in a Best Buddies High School or College chapter
- Strong commitment to the Best Buddies mission
- Proven leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to attend Leadership Conference
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE YLC?
Applications will be available in January. Visit BBU again in January for application details, or discuss the application process with your Best Buddies staff.
Documents and Downloads
YLC Leadership Workshop
YLC Leadership Training