The Young Leaders Council (YLC) is a diverse group of young leaders of all abilities who bridge the gap between the student perspective and staff experience for Best Buddies International initiatives. Comprised of 27 members from around the United States and Canada, individuals conceptualize, design, and execute unique initiatives that apply to all aspects of the Best Buddies ecosystem: Friendship, Jobs & Leadership. Through targeted outreach, material development, and collaboration, the council garners and synthesizes feedback to present and develop student-driven ideas and see them through to reality. The YLC is dedicated to the education, engagement, and empowerment of student leaders in Best Buddies through peer-to-peer support and innovation. For more information on the YLC or to find out ways you can get involved, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPECTATIONS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Annual in-person meeting at Leadership Conference
- Responsibility for the goals and initiatives set forth by the council
- Continuous leadership development
- Members serve a 2-year term
- Chapter leader in Best Buddies High School, College Chapters and/or a state/national/Global Ambassador
- Strong commitment to the Best Buddies mission
- Proven leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to attend Leadership Conference
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE YLC?
Talk to your Best Buddies staff about your interest in the YLC. The application is available July 17th – August 20th.