Best Buddies Leadership Conference is a busy, thrilling few days. Among meeting new leaders from across the globe, participating in educational forums, and developing advocacy skills, you will be making friends, participating in five-star events, and creating new memories. The weekend requires a great deal of preparation and energy. Below you will find a few reminders and tips to ensure a safe, fun time at this year’s conference.
- Pack sunglasses and sunscreen. Although we will be in air conditioned rooms and residence halls most of the day, Indiana will be hot and humid.
- A sweatshirt or sweater for air-conditioned rooms, if you are susceptible to chills.
- Casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes. All activities are casual. Shorts, t-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes are appropriate.
- Medicine: Please let us know if you need assistance.
- Bring your insurance card or a copy of your insurance card.
- Flyers, publications, newsletters, etc. that you have created for your chapter to share with other chapter leaders.
- Additional Items: Alarm clock, cell phone charger, pens, notebook, spending money, camera, toiletries, and flip flops for the shower.
- Attendees will be provided with one pillow, a sheet and thin blanket, and one towel for the duration of their time at Indiana University. Attendees who feel they may need more than one towel or an additional blanket for sleeping in air-conditioned rooms, please pack accordingly.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm and enough clothes for three days!